cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olafn
Helper I
Helper I

send an email to a teams channel

Has someone created a flow similar to the template "send an email to a sharepoint list"?
I need a flow: when an email is send to a special email address, the email with attachments should appear in a special Ms Teams channel and the attachments should be in a special file folder.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @olafn,

First, if you want to monitor whether a particular email address receives an email, you could use When an new email arrives as the trigger and configure the specified email address in To field.

It is best to use the specified email address to configure the connection for this trigger.

• Then use Get email address to get the email address of the specified channel.

23.PNG

• Just use the email address in parentheses.

24.PNG

• Configure the obtained email address in Send an email action.
  • Use Dynamic content output from the trigger to configure the fields corresponding to Send an email action.

Image reference:

25.PNG

As for storing attachments in the specified folder, the folders inside Teams are all stored in SharePoint.

• So just find the corresponding folder, then you could use SharePoint-Create file action to save the file in the specified folder.

28.PNG26.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-bacao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @olafn,

First, if you want to monitor whether a particular email address receives an email, you could use When an new email arrives as the trigger and configure the specified email address in To field.

It is best to use the specified email address to configure the connection for this trigger.

• Then use Get email address to get the email address of the specified channel.

23.PNG

• Just use the email address in parentheses.

24.PNG

• Configure the obtained email address in Send an email action.
  • Use Dynamic content output from the trigger to configure the fields corresponding to Send an email action.

Image reference:

25.PNG

As for storing attachments in the specified folder, the folders inside Teams are all stored in SharePoint.

• So just find the corresponding folder, then you could use SharePoint-Create file action to save the file in the specified folder.

28.PNG26.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My flow is not recognising the 'Get email' address as an email and is erroring when I try to save telling me I need to enter an email address.... any thoughts?

Inkedto is required_LI.jpg

Same issue here. The Send E-mail action does not recognize the Teams e-mail address as a valid "To" address.

You can try to use "When a new channel message is added" trigger then.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contact me if you are interested in custom Power Automate development.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Users online (2,761)