cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Winters

twitter dataset

Is the Twitter connector for Microsoft Flow using the Standard, Enterprise, or the Premium search API?

https://developer.twitter.com/en/docs/tweets/search/api-reference/get-search-tweets.html

It doesn't say in the Twitter connector documentation.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/twitter/

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Winters,

I assume that it might be the API. When using Twitter with Microsoft Flow, sometimes it will return error message likes Twitter API limit.  But I haven’t seen any documentation on it.

What’s your scenario? How do you want to work with Twitter? Please share your more details on you scenario if you need more help.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Mabel,

Thanks for the reply.  The question is not if flow is using the twitter API, but which twitter API.  There are three listed in the link in the original post.  Standard search only gets you a sample of the data.  If Microsoft is using standard search, the cheapest one, then you're not getting all the data you might think you are.  The problem is that Microsoft's documentation doesn't state which twitter API they are using.  It's an important omission.

Here is a further clarifying excerpt from Twitter's documentation:

" it’s important to know that the standard search API is focused on relevance and not completeness. This means that some Tweets and users may be missing from search results. If you want to match for completeness you should consider the premium or enterprise search APIs."

So if Microsoft is using the standard search, you're not getting everything.  

I hope that helps clarify my original question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (21,035)