cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Miriam
Level: Powered On

undefined

I use power automate to create a File in Sharepoint folder when I add an item to a Sharepoint list. File is attachet of list, the problem is that file in Sharepoint folder doesn't have a format visible, to open file I have to know what is the original format. How can I resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaveBurrell

Re: undefined

When you create the file are you including the extension in the file name? If you create an image, for example, and set the file name as "image" SharePoint will not know this is an image file. However, if you set the file name as "image.png", it will identify this as a png file and should display correctly.

It is the same functionality if you are creating files using the one drive or blob storage connectors too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DaveBurrell

When you create the file are you including the extension in the file name? If you create an image, for example, and set the file name as "image" SharePoint will not know this is an image file. However, if you set the file name as "image.png", it will identify this as a png file and should display correctly.

It is the same functionality if you are creating files using the one drive or blob storage connectors too.

View solution in original post

Miriam

thank you, I solved this problem, but there is another problem, I would that when I create a new item in the list Sharepoint (whit power automate)  create a new folder and create a new file in this folder. The problem is that when i create file and  insert path of new folder whit dynamic content then the test is accomplished, but i don't find file. 

DaveBurrell

Excellent Glad to be of help.

If you can tick the post a solution, it would be very much appreciated.

I would start a new thread for your second issue and upload some screenshots of what your flow is doing. I will try to help you with that too.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,238)