Our Team FLOW - is to create a file from one SharePoint library to another, then update the new file with trigger user's information and the date the action took place. When the flow is started all the actions runs to completion but then the workflow states that the run failed with a "status": 400, "message": "Exception occurred. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80020009 (DISP_E_EXCEPTION))\r\nclientRequestId: 739ac69e-d4c6-44cb-a19b-1445b5daf31b\r\nserviceRequestId: 739ac69e-d4c6-44cb-a19b-1445b5daf31b" WE have looked for a fix but cannot find one, nor can we find what is causing the workflow fail. Assistance would be most welcomed
UPDATED : Was requested to add a picture which is found below, please note that even when we moved the "Update File Properties" after the create file and before the delete file, the error was the same but by moving it to the end of the flow all the actions runs to completion before the workflow states it failed.
Please post a screen shot of your Flow. That will make it much easier to assist.
Hi @MLH ,
Please move the "Update file properties" action to the if yes branch of the Condition as my screenshot below:
Please let me know if your problem could be solved.
Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Reading your update and I want to clarify: does the file in the destination library actually get updated even though the Flow states that it failed?
You could try a simple test Flow to update an existing file in the destination library. You might be able to see if there's something going on with the library itself (such as "require Checkout" being on) first. If that works without failing you might consider rebuilding the Flow from there.
If you found this helpful, consider giving it a thumbs up!
Yes the newly created item is being updated even though the workflow is stating that it failed. We have checked the libarary and nothing seems to be wrong when this is happening, everything has been checked in, verified the columns titles/names match, etc. but still keeps happening.
Thank you for the assistance but we are till getting a failed workflow action even thought the workflow is processing the creating of a new iteam and updating the needed areas.
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.