cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ENkay1
Frequent Visitor

updating file properties on sharepooint document library from excel

Looking for some help. trying to update sharepoint doucment file properties using excel list. I already have the excel export iqy file now in a xslx / table. hosted in a sharepoint document lib. 

cannot seem to get 'ID' from excel list as an option to config on the update file properties action- as ID. 

i am defo looking for a loop becuase i have mutiple records to update from excel rows to sharepoint doucment lib items. 

any help appreicated, Screenshot 2019-10-03 at 14.57.35.pngScreenshot 2019-10-03 at 14.56.57.pngScreenshot 2019-10-03 at 14.55.45.pngScreenshot 2019-10-03 at 14.54.04.png

@pstork @yashag2255 @ScottShearer 

1 REPLY 1
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hey @ENkay1 

You need to actually get the File Item ID to update the properties of that file. It is a unique integer that is generated by SP itself when the item/file is created. You are not creating the file in this flow which means you will first have to get the file and then reference the ID of the file in the Update Action.

So in this case, if you have the filename that will be unique and the details of that in the Excel too, you can get all files and add a filter query to filter by the name of the file and then use that ID to finally update the properties. 

For later on, Maybe have the ID of the file stored in the Excel column (maybe a Flow that creates an excel row when a file is cretaed and saves it ID in a coulmn over there).

BTW, Current item that you have referenced in the ID is basically the item that you are iterating on in the apply to each loop.  

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,556)