cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ire
Frequent Visitor

using data from excel to add a row with Microsoft flows on power apps

I've created a flow to add a row in excel using power apps. I've created a new screen(forms screen) in power apps, connected it to my excel table and selected the fields for what I want to input. When I go to actions and click on power automate and then select the flow I want, it says complete the flows' parameters in the formula bar and I do not know what to do. I don't know if I'm meant to declare the variables of what I want to input OR maybe I don't even have to use flow at all and just use the submit form button and it will automatically update my excel table.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ire,

You could approach that via Power Automate or Power Apps, but Power Apps will be more convenient.

Here are documents you could refer to how to create a record and submit it to data source:

Display form and Edit form controls: reference - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

EditForm, NewForm, SubmitForm, ResetForm, And ViewForm functions - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ire,

You could approach that via Power Automate or Power Apps, but Power Apps will be more convenient.

Here are documents you could refer to how to create a record and submit it to data source:

Display form and Edit form controls: reference - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

EditForm, NewForm, SubmitForm, ResetForm, And ViewForm functions - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Users online (1,514)