cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LBarnhart
Frequent Visitor

using power automate to have a SharePoint column use 1 of 2 select lists based on another column data

Hi,

I need some help with a SharePoint site.  The user would like to have a column use a different select lists based on another columns entry.  below is the data for this that might better to explain:

When column "Risk/Opportunity" = Risk then column "Consequence" select list entries would be Incidental, Minor, Serious, Major, Catastrophic.

But when column "Risk/Opportunity" = Opportunity then column "Consequence" select list entries would be Superior, Significant, Important, Reduced, Marginal.

I am not use if I can do this with Power Automate, can someone help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LBarnhart :

I'm afraid that can't be done by Power Automate.I suggest you use customize forms:

vbofengmsft_0-1626227332007.png

For example:

1\My list

vbofengmsft_1-1626227369035.png

2\Set the DataCardValue3's(The combo box control for Consequence) items property to:

If(DataCardValue2.Selected.Value="Risk",Filter(Choices([@LBarnhartList].Consequence),Value in ["Incidental", "Minor", "Serious", "Major", "Catastrophic"]),Filter(Choices([@LBarnhartList].Consequence),Value in ["Superior", "Significant", "Important", "Reduced", "Marginal"]))

vbofengmsft_2-1626227619129.png

4.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @LBarnhart :

I'm afraid that can't be done by Power Automate.I suggest you use customize forms:

vbofengmsft_0-1626227332007.png

For example:

1\My list

vbofengmsft_1-1626227369035.png

2\Set the DataCardValue3's(The combo box control for Consequence) items property to:

If(DataCardValue2.Selected.Value="Risk",Filter(Choices([@LBarnhartList].Consequence),Value in ["Incidental", "Minor", "Serious", "Major", "Catastrophic"]),Filter(Choices([@LBarnhartList].Consequence),Value in ["Superior", "Significant", "Important", "Reduced", "Marginal"]))

vbofengmsft_2-1626227619129.png

4.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

LBarnhart
Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much.  This is a big help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,980)