cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandipThombare
Level: Powered On

when any action fails in Flow I need to send email notification to the respective mailbox

Hi,

I have created flow for converting word document into pdf and uploaded that final pdf to the one of the document library.

If my flow(i.e. if any action in the flow fails) or breaks due to some unknown reason or due to unexpected things happened I would like to send email to the support team so that they can fix the issue.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Sandip

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: when any action fails in Flow I need to send email notification to the respective mailbox

Hi @SandipThombare, after each action you will need to add a Send an Email (v2) action and enter/select the information to go into it. From the 3 dots in the header of the action select Configure run after and in the configure options box that appears select "has failed", "is skipped" and "has timed out".

Rob
Los Gallardos

1-configure run after.png1 - Configure run after2-Configure run after options.png2 - Configure options

Super User
Super User

Re: when any action fails in Flow I need to send email notification to the respective mailbox

Hi @SandipThombare ,

I will echo some of what @RobElliott said.  However, rather than adding an email after each action, I would advice using the Try Catch Finally Flow template.  You put all of your actions in a Try Scope.  Then have a Catch Scope which has a send email action in it.  You set that scope to only run after the Try scope has failed or timed out.  There's a template out there for the Try Catch Finally:

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/galleries/public/templates/e8e028c6df7b4eb786abdf510e4f1da3/try-... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,673)