cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_DONNAY
Level: Powered On

Block PowerApps trial ?

Is it possible as tenant admin to remove the possibility to our users to start PowerApps trials on our tenant ?

Thanks,

MD

6 REPLIES 6
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Block PowerApps trial ?

I believe not.

Check the following article:

PowerApps in your organization Q&A

"

Can I block users in my organization from signing up for PowerApps?

Any individual can try out the features of Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2 for 90 days, and incur no costs as outlined in the How do users sign up for PowerApps section. This option is available to any user in a tenant and cannot be disabled by an admin. After the user's trial expires the user will lose access to PowerApps Plan 2 capabilities.

If a person signs up for a 90 day trial of Microsoft PowerApps Plan 2, and you choose to not support them inside of your organization, they can in no way incur costs to your company. When an individual signs up for Microsoft PowerApps, that is a relationship between that individual and Microsoft directly, like any many public cloud services from Microsoft, such as Bing, Wunderlist, OneDrive or Outlook.com, and does not in any way imply that the service is provided by your organization.

Finally, if your company wishes to restrict the use of organizational-only data inside of Microsoft PowerApps, that is possible through Data loss prevention (DLP) policies. For more details, See Data loss prevention (DLP) policies.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
M_DONNAY

Thanks for the feedback Michael !

But we found another misleading info on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/signup-for-powerapps

Individual signup has been turned off

When trying to sign up for PowerApps, you may encounter the following message.

<screen shot>

This could be because your organization has disabled signups for individuals. It could also be because you purchased Office     365 through a partner. Learn more.+

If your organization has disabled signups for individuals, work with your IT group to get a PowerApps license assigned to your account.

which gave the impression that we were able to disable the signups as on Power BI ...

msmith
Level 8

MD, did you find any more info on this? I have the same concern and want to control the use of trials in our environment. 

M_DONNAY

We got feedback from MS that it was not possible.So, no real solution from MS till now.  Rather frustrating.

So, we blocked the Trial URL at the firewall level ...

Highlighted
SGlazebrook
Level: Power Up

We have all trial licenses blocked.  If you look at Get-MsolCompanyInformation |fl AllowAdHOcSubstriptions if set to False then users cannot sign-up for trials.  I have a user that is trying to sign-up for the PowerApps Trial and they are getting the "Sorry... We can't finish signing you up.  Your IT department has turned off signup for Microsoft PowerApps.  Contact them to complete signup".  I'm working on how to give specific users access to the trial license but this setting does seem to apply to the sign-up for all "trial" licenses.

SGlazebrook
Level: Power Up

Sorry correct command is:

Get-MsolCompanyInformation |fl AllowAdHocSubscriptions

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 193 members 4,373 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: