cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jadams
Level: Powered On

Create a Powerapp for showing images stored in a SQL Db

Hi,

I'm exploring the possibilities to show images stored in a sql db through a Powerapp.

This will be used internally to easy view pictures and search for them.

Before I start on the trial and error way i would love to know if  somebody have some experience on how to set it up/ best practices to share?

Kr

Jeroen

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Create a Powerapp for showing images stored in a SQL Db

Hi @Jadams ,

Do you want to show the image by PowerApps which its data is stored in sql?

I think you can use one gallery to show the images, please try the following wokaround.

DataSource:

20190227sqldatatoshowinapps1.png

App Test:

Add one gallery and Gallery2.Items: '[dbo].[Table_20190227addimagetosqltable]'    ('[dbo].[Table_20190227addimagetosqltable]' is my sql table name and you can change it to your sql name)

And choose the gallery’s Layout in Properties:Image,titile and subtitle

Then change the Image.Image:ImageData (ImageData is the column name in my sql table which stored image’s data,and you can change that to your column name )

20190227sqldatatoapps2.jpg

20190227sqldatatoapps3.jpg

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Jadams
Level: Powered On

Re: Create a Powerapp for showing images stored in a SQL Db

hi @v-yuxima-msft , thanks a lot for the help i will try this out.

Another way around, the application is a PIM system that stores the images in a sql db. Therefor i posted the original question. I have also an API (for the PIM system) where i can insert a query to pull data from the PIM (in xml format, please find the image attached) , is there a way to connect this as a source to fill a gallery/collection within Powerapps?

The goal is to view the images in powerapps without logging into the PIM application (poor UX in the PIM system and wanted to create a small powerapp to vizualize the data/images from the PIM).

Thanks for the help in choosing the best way Smiley Happy