cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enelcy
Level: Power Up

Display a successful message after a user submit a form

Hey guys, I created a powerapp with just one screen and it's just a form  to insert a new item in a sharepoint list. I realized that once they hit submit, it goes to a blank screen that says "No item to display". To fix that I created a screen that pretty much has a lable saying "Your form has been successfully submitted. Please click on the X to go back to Form". The transition works perfect to the label screen, it's just when they click on the X, now it takes them back to the blank screen that has the "No item to display". To clarify, I'm seeting my Onsuccess to go to my succefful submission message. How do I make sure that when they click on the X that it either takes them back to the form or it just closes the powerapp? I just don't want them to see the automatic "No item to display screen"  Any help will be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Display a successful message after a user submit a form

You can use either the Exit function (that closes the app) or the NewForm function again before navigating back to the form screen. If you want, when the user click the 'X'  button to close the app, you can have this on the OnSelect property of the button:

Exit()

Or if you want to let the user create a new item again, you can first reset the form to the 'new' mode, then navigate back to the first screen:

NewForm(Form1); Navigate(Screen1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Hope this helps!

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

You can use either the Exit function (that closes the app) or the NewForm function again before navigating back to the form screen. If you want, when the user click the 'X'  button to close the app, you can have this on the OnSelect property of the button:

Exit()

Or if you want to let the user create a new item again, you can first reset the form to the 'new' mode, then navigate back to the first screen:

NewForm(Form1); Navigate(Screen1, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Hope this helps!

enelcy

OMG thank you!!

amaliamiraoui

Thank you so much for your answer, 

how can I set a "Thank you" page after the user submitted a form? I used the Navigate function to go to the final page but it seems that it doesn't work: it brings me back to the "welcome" page Smiley Sad 

in advance, 

thanks for your help!

CindyZ
Level: Powered On

I have the same question.  I'd like to redirect to as aspx page. 

Highlighted
gguedes
Level: Powered On

Hi guys,

I have a similar problem. I have the following collect formula to submit information to a sharepoint list.

Collect

( 'Teste_Gestão de Relacionamento';

{

'Qual é a sua Coodernação':[@Dropdown4].Selected.Value;

'Pauta da reunião':[@TextInput1].Text;

'Qual a data do Engajamento':[@DatePicker2].SelectedDate;

'Stakeholders Presentes':[@Label1].Text;

Funcion_x00e1_rios_x0020_Anglo_x:[@Label2].Text;

'Próximos Passos':[@TextInput2].Text;

'Comentários Gerais':[@TextInput3].Text; Avalia_x00e7__x00e3_o_x0020_Gera:[@Slider2_1].Value

}

)

and I need to insert a message so the app user knows the form is submitted, I tried the examplo showed in the topic but it gives me error back every try.

Please let me know if you need any additional information

Thanks a lot for your help