Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
swiftyPWL
Level: Powered On

Embed App in PowerBI and edit data

Hi All,

I am trying to create a PowerApp to insert into my PowerBI reports that will let users edit/update certain data.

I'm using a Amazon Redshift (directquery) backend that would need to be patched to but I am not that far yet.

So far I have created my PowerApp and have it working using PowerBIIntegration - I can create a Gallery (that responds to my PowerBI slicers - awesome!) and then click into an edit form. However I cannot edit the form.  No matter what I try I can't edit - I did read not having a primary key could be an issue - checked that.

Any help or clues is much appreciated on why this might be happening or if my approach is feasable. Thanks!

EDIT: To give an idea of what my best case use case is - I would love to simply be able to use an editable data table (that responds to my PowerBI filters)!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Embed App in PowerBI and edit data

I don't think so.

According to the connector documentation, there is no modification (Create, or update related) action available, at least currently:
Amazon Redshift

If you would like to have the connector be available to update the data, then please consider rise it as an idea.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @swiftyPWL,

Could you please share more details about how to work with Power BI Custom Visuals?

PowerBIIntegration.data is ready only, which can't be modified.

If you would like to modify the data, then please consider add the corresponding data source direclty into PowerApps through:

View->DataSource->Add Data Sources

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
swiftyPWL
Level: Powered On

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. Do you know if redshift can be modified?
Also is there a way to use powerbi filters/slicers with a regular data source like redshift? PowerBIIntegration allowed me to use filters in powerbi and affect powerapp.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

I don't think so.

According to the connector documentation, there is no modification (Create, or update related) action available, at least currently:
Amazon Redshift

If you would like to have the connector be available to update the data, then please consider rise it as an idea.

Regards,

Michael