cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Shibu
Level: Powered On

Enabling Target audiences field

I have created a list and have enabled the target audience setting in the list. For any new item created, I assign a shareoint group or user's in the target audience field. So only the users listed  in the target audience field would be able to see or edit the item in the list.

When I customize the form/ list  using powerapps, am not able to see the target audience data card in the sharepoint datasource. How would I have the target audience field shown in powerapps ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Enabling Target audiences field

Hi @Shibu,

I'm afraid that Target audiences in SharePoint is not available in PowerApps. If you really need this feature, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Shibu,

I'm afraid that Target audiences in SharePoint is not available in PowerApps. If you really need this feature, please consider to add an idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ArunkumarTM
Level: Power Up

HI @Shibu ,

I found a solution that works as an alternative. Here are the steps: 

1. Create a list with items having Title same as your SharePoint groups (e.g:- Requester, Approvers, Admin . . . )

2. Set item level permission for each item with Title corresponds to SharePoint group is named alone with read access

e.g.: - If SP Group name is Requester, set the item level permission for item with Title value "Requester". Repeat same for other items.

3. Set a SP group say "Group Access" common permission for all items with edit access for managing list.

4. Set same persmission level in list settings.

5. In powerapps, set the formula to check if the count of items matching Title say "Approver" is > 0.

6. Since the item is readable only if the current user has access to it, i.e. current user is in "Approver" group, the count will be > 0. Hence the return value will be true or false. 

7. Use this value to hide/show, disable/enable a field as needed. 

Glad to help Smiley Happy.