cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Filter Lookup Values Based on Status Column In the Parent List

Hi Team, 

I have a parent list 'Traveller Profiles' (Name as text, Active as Yes/No).

Name field used in a child list 'Travel Requests' as a lookup field TravellerName.

Is it possible to somehow filter the TravellerName field and let users choose only Traveller profiles in Yes Active statuses?

I am pretty sure there should be some workaround with the following formula:

Choices('Travel Requests'.TravellerName)

Kind regards,

Pavel

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filter Lookup Values Based on Status Column In the Parent List

Hi @Pavel_Sheludkov,

Could you please share a bit more about your PowerApps app's configuration?

Do you want to achieve your needs using the Choices() function within your PowerApps app?

If you want to achieve your needs using the Choices() function that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs. 

In addition, if the Active column is a Yes/No type column in your 'Traveller Profiles' list, I think there is still no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps. There is something issue with the Yes/No type column of SharePoint list within PowerApps app, please check the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-to-Data/Possible-bug-filtering-SharePoint-list-by-yes...

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Re: Filter Lookup Values Based on Status Column In the Parent List

Hi @v-xida-msft,

The PowerApp is actually a customised form for the 'Travel Requests' SharePoint list. 

The list has a lookup field that gets its values from the Profiles list.

I am using 'Edit' form control for editing travel request data.

WIthin the form, I have a combo box control that has the following data config.

Traveler.PNG

Thank you for informing about filtering boolean values, I can just set the Active field as string type.

Regards,

Pavel