cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DELACRJO
Level: Powered On

Filtering Author using Dropdown

Hi,

I would appreciate some advice on how to use a dropdown control in filtering the author(Created By) field. I have a gallery which I want to filter by author using the dropdown control. I already have existing filters for my unique ID column and Title column.

Here is my current gallery Items formula:

If(IsBlank(SearchTitle.Text) And IsBlank(Value(SearchId.Text)), LastN('Observation Reports Test List', 20), If( !IsBlank(SearchId.Text), Filter( 'Observation Reports Test List', ID = Value(SearchId.Text)), Filter( 'Observation Reports Test List', StartsWith( Title, SearchTitle.Text))))

I would like to add from here the third filter which is the author by using dropdown.

Thank you in advance,

Joseph

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Filtering Author using Dropdown

Hi @DELACRJO ,

For the dropdown control, set below formula in Items property:

Distinct(ListName,Author.Email)

To filter with dropdown, using a formula like below:

Filter(ListName, Author.Email=Dropdown1.Selected.Value)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DELACRJO

Hi Mona,

Thanks for the advice.

However, I actually tried the same formula but it didn't work. The authors are not showing in the dropdown. I'm also having delegation issues apparently, I guess I need to create a separate column to patch the user who creates the record. Would that be a viable workaround?

Regards,

Joseph

DELACRJO

Mona,

I was able to show the value in the dropdown. However even though the Default is set ""  it automatically selects a value.

Here is my formula in the Gallery Data Items:
If( !IsBlank(SearchId.Text), Filter( 'Observation Reports Test List', ID = Value(SearchId.Text)), If(IsBlank(SearchId.Text), Filter( 'Observation Reports Test List', StartsWith( Title, SearchTitle.Text)), Filter( 'Observation Reports Test List', Author.DisplayName = DropdownAuthor.Selected.Value)))

Capture.JPG

Can you also please explain what's the difference between Choices and Distinct function? I tried to use Choices specifying the author column in the list that I'm using but it returned all users in our organization.

Thanks in advance.