cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RenatoF
Level: Powered On

GroupBy and Sum

Hi,

I have values in Title 3(10000, 20000,30000,10000...) and some values in subtitle 2. How can I perform group by title 3 and then have summarized values from subtitle 2?

PowerApps3.png

For example:

10 000: 88862,38

20 000: 93093,92

30 000: 156567,04

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: GroupBy and Sum

Assuming that the data source name is called 'MyDataSource', the value in Title3 comes from a column called 'TitleValue', and the value in Subtitle2 comes from a column called 'SubtitleValue', then you first need to group the data source by the title:

GroupBy(MyDataSource, "TitleValue", "ByTitleValue")

Then you can sum the value of all groups by "adding" a new column to the data source:

AddColumns(
    GroupBy(MyDataSource, "TitleValue", "ByTitleValue"),
    "SumOfSubtitleValue",
    Sum(ByTitleValue, SubtitleValue))

This last expression gives you a table with a columns for the TitleValue (10000, 20000, 30000, ...) and a column for the sum of the SubtitleValue, which you can then display in a gallery / table.

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Assuming that the data source name is called 'MyDataSource', the value in Title3 comes from a column called 'TitleValue', and the value in Subtitle2 comes from a column called 'SubtitleValue', then you first need to group the data source by the title:

Then you can sum the value of all groups by "adding" a new column to the data source:

AddColumns(
    "SumOfSubtitleValue",

This last expression gives you a table with a columns for the TitleValue (10000, 20000, 30000, ...) and a column for the sum of the SubtitleValue, which you can then display in a gallery / table.

RenatoF

Wow, thank you. I didn't know for this addcolumns. This helps me a lot Smiley Happy 

KubraDemir

Hi everyone,

I found a new method for summation of two or many different data, via GroupBy and Sum functions.
Gallery item's code:
GroupBy("database";  "item1";"item2"; "item3"; "GroupName")

Code for summation all textbox by the GroupName:
TextBox's default code:
Sum("GroupName"; "Wil summation column name")

TonyPower
Level: Power Up

that worked!!

PytByt

Hi Mr. @CarlosFigueira 

can you show me with SS or a short video? even a gif could be accepted too for me the noob... hehe,

thanks.

@CarlosFigueira wrote:

AddColumns(
    "SumOfSubtitleValue",