cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MarionS
Level: Powered On

How to snap horizontal gallery

I am trying to make a calendar app that uses horizontal gallery to scroll through days, and a vertical gallery on each horizontal card for the calendar items. My first challenge is, I want the horizontal gallery to snap to show the whole card. I have set Snap = true and Navigation Step = 1 but the scroll doesn't snap. I set Show Navigation = true, and that does work, but I was hoping to support swipping. My second challenge is, when the user navigates to the next card, I want that to become the selected card so I can update a header label to reflect the date value of the currently visible horizontal card.

If you looke at the attachment you will see the title bar, the selected date bar, and then a horizontal gallery with a single label on the cards that reflects the date each card represents. I can scroll whole cards only by clicking the left and right navigation buttons. I can only update the selected date label when I select the card.

Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft Employee

Re: How to snap horizontal gallery

Hello MarionS,

Unfortunately, I don't think the issue #1 can be solved. The "Snap" support for Gallery control is limited to the scrollbar and it currently works in IE only.

The issue #2 however can be solved by checking the Gallery1.VisibleIndex which should always point to the first visible cell index in the gallery.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 60 members 4,485 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: