Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Import/Export apps using powershell

Hi

is there any way to import or export packages by using powershell or nodejs packages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Import/Export apps using powershell

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently the available way to Import/Export apps under PowerApps is through the Web Portal, there is no way to work with PowerShell for that.

Export and Import resources

You may consider submit this as a new idea under PowerApps idea forum:

PowerApps idea

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently the available way to Import/Export apps under PowerApps is through the Web Portal, there is no way to work with PowerShell for that.

Export and Import resources

You may consider submit this as a new idea under PowerApps idea forum:

PowerApps idea

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

it's a good idea to have this , because you would need to automate your app ( consider a situation you have 3 environments like Dev,QA and Production and you want to export from dev and import it to the QA from build and release section of the visual studio )

These automation requests need to be massively upvoted:

We've been developing a large PowerApp with MS Flows for the last two months and not being able to to automated import/export is a serious pain.

egallis
Level 10

@v-micsh-msft, I must say I totaly agree... Having cmdlets to export/import packages would allow to save so much time when moving applications from one place to another...

For instance, @DenisMolodtsov has made a PowerShell script to "convert an app" (change all urls and lists ids) from tenant A to tenant B. But the export and import of packages must be done manually. If we had PowerShell cmdlets to export and import packages to/from environnements, we could automate the moving/copy of an app.

@DenisMolodtsov : since your idea links refer to flow shouldn't we create a new idea for the need (specifically) of cmdlets for exporting/important PowerApps applications ?

DileepGolla
Level 8

Hi Everyone,

I did not find any existing idea about this so I created one in the portal.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/PowerShell-Cmdlet-to-publish-deploy-the-form-to-...

Thanks,

Dileep