cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joko
Level: Powered On

Password protection - Create a local DB?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has managed to create a registration form that saves passwords to the app so that once they have registered that can log into the app?

Currently, i have

If(
    Password.Text = "Hello" && Not(IsBlank(Username_New.SelectedItems)),
    Navigate(
        [@'Welcome Screen'],
        ScreenTransition.Cover
    );

Which is fine, but i do not want the same password for everyone.

The app will be on a shared ipad so i need to have a way where it doesn't authenticate with the logged in 365 username to access powerapps app itself, as these will just be generic for this purpose.  I have looked to see if i can get the password field to authenticate with the username entered but i don't think this is possible.   

I was thinking of having a 'Admin' portal that would have all the passwords on there (starred out of course) but this gives the option of IT technicians to reset forgotton passwords.

Any ideas would be great.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
WillPage
Level 8

Re: Password protection - Create a local DB?

You could have a collection of user names and passwords, using a Collect() function in the OnVisible property of the first screen, or alternatively, have an external SP list with a People column and a text column for the password (only accessible to the developer and the generic account the iPad is logging in with of course)

With the latter you could run a scheduled Flow that evaluates the Modified date of the items and runs a process to get people to change their passwords periodically, and possibly incorporate a password reset process using another PowerApp. Even if you don't do all that, you save having to edit and republish the app every time a user change happens.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
WillPage
Level 8

You could have a collection of user names and passwords, using a Collect() function in the OnVisible property of the first screen, or alternatively, have an external SP list with a People column and a text column for the password (only accessible to the developer and the generic account the iPad is logging in with of course)

With the latter you could run a scheduled Flow that evaluates the Modified date of the items and runs a process to get people to change their passwords periodically, and possibly incorporate a password reset process using another PowerApp. Even if you don't do all that, you save having to edit and republish the app every time a user change happens.

JUANCARLOS1104
Level: Powered On

I have a Collection for Store the user and passwords, when in the Screen select the user,  I store in a variable called "clave" the password that corresponds to the user. But when I try to compare the both i have an error: "Regular expressions must be constant values." How I can compare two variables or there is another way to do that??

IsMatch(txtPass.Text; clave1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

SecondImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call

Next Wednesday, September 18th at 8am PDT

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 219 members 2,648 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: