cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joko
Level: Powered On

Password protection - Create a local DB?

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has managed to create a registration form that saves passwords to the app so that once they have registered that can log into the app?

Currently, i have

If(
    Password.Text = "Hello" && Not(IsBlank(Username_New.SelectedItems)),
    Navigate(
        [@'Welcome Screen'],
        ScreenTransition.Cover
    );

Which is fine, but i do not want the same password for everyone.

The app will be on a shared ipad so i need to have a way where it doesn't authenticate with the logged in 365 username to access powerapps app itself, as these will just be generic for this purpose.  I have looked to see if i can get the password field to authenticate with the username entered but i don't think this is possible.   

I was thinking of having a 'Admin' portal that would have all the passwords on there (starred out of course) but this gives the option of IT technicians to reset forgotton passwords.

Any ideas would be great.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WillPage
Level 8

Re: Password protection - Create a local DB?

You could have a collection of user names and passwords, using a Collect() function in the OnVisible property of the first screen, or alternatively, have an external SP list with a People column and a text column for the password (only accessible to the developer and the generic account the iPad is logging in with of course)

With the latter you could run a scheduled Flow that evaluates the Modified date of the items and runs a process to get people to change their passwords periodically, and possibly incorporate a password reset process using another PowerApp. Even if you don't do all that, you save having to edit and republish the app every time a user change happens.

2 REPLIES 2
WillPage
Level 8

You could have a collection of user names and passwords, using a Collect() function in the OnVisible property of the first screen, or alternatively, have an external SP list with a People column and a text column for the password (only accessible to the developer and the generic account the iPad is logging in with of course)

With the latter you could run a scheduled Flow that evaluates the Modified date of the items and runs a process to get people to change their passwords periodically, and possibly incorporate a password reset process using another PowerApp. Even if you don't do all that, you save having to edit and republish the app every time a user change happens.

Highlighted
JUANCARLOS1104
Level: Powered On

I have a Collection for Store the user and passwords, when in the Screen select the user,  I store in a variable called "clave" the password that corresponds to the user. But when I try to compare the both i have an error: "Regular expressions must be constant values." How I can compare two variables or there is another way to do that??

IsMatch(txtPass.Text; clave1)

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 106 members 4,454 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: