Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
parje
Level: Powered On

Return to list from EditForm

Hello! 

I am using the PowerApps Customize Form functionality to to add and edit rows in a SharePoint list. After I press my submit button in the EditForm, I simply want to return to the SharePoint list. I tried adding Exit() in my OnSuccess method , but it results in an empty white screen where the form once was. Am I doing something wrong or is Exit() not designed to be used for in customize form? There must be a command to close the form and return to the list (without having to launch the list in a new tab), but I can't seem to find it.

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
parje

Re: Return to list from EditForm

Hello! Thanks very much for your reply, Michael.Good news is that I was able to resolve the issue, but I'll include further details in case it will be helpful to others. 

I was working with the latter option you mentioned - the one for which you select PowerApps and then Customize Form directly from the SharePoint list. 

By default, the form's OnSuccess method is:

ResetForm(SharePointFormName1); RequestHide()

My issue was that I had inadvertently removed RequestHide() at some point. Doing so, prevented the form from closing when I hit save. The existance of the RequestHide() method is not pominent in docs, but I was eventually able to find it here

SOLUTION: Don't mess with the default OnSuccess behavior, but if you do, DEFINITELY don't mess with RequestHide() if you want your form to close after the user submits information. :-)

Also, because you asked, here is a screenshot of the empty screen that was being displayed when I had Exit() in place of RequestHide() in OnSuccess:

empty_form.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @parje,

Could you please explain a bit for the "Empty whilte screen", would it be available for you to share a screenshot?

Besides, for the Customize form you mentioned here, do you mean the form control created when build App from List data directly, or the SharePoint list forms mentioned here?

When working with the App created from List Data, there is no proper way to close the App page and return back to the SharePoint list page. 

By default the Exit() function would close the App and return to the App list screen. Currently there is no way to customize how this function behaves (Thread reference).

You could use launch () function to launch the SharePoint List page in another tab.

If here you are working with the SharePoint List form, there is no need to use the Exit() function, once data has been submitted, the form would close and return back to SharePoint List all items page.

Check more details in the following article:

Customize a SharePoint list form using PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
parje

Hello! Thanks very much for your reply, Michael.Good news is that I was able to resolve the issue, but I'll include further details in case it will be helpful to others. 

I was working with the latter option you mentioned - the one for which you select PowerApps and then Customize Form directly from the SharePoint list. 

By default, the form's OnSuccess method is:

My issue was that I had inadvertently removed RequestHide() at some point. Doing so, prevented the form from closing when I hit save. The existance of the RequestHide() method is not pominent in docs, but I was eventually able to find it here

SOLUTION: Don't mess with the default OnSuccess behavior, but if you do, DEFINITELY don't mess with RequestHide() if you want your form to close after the user submits information. :-)

Also, because you asked, here is a screenshot of the empty screen that was being displayed when I had Exit() in place of RequestHide() in OnSuccess:

empty_form.jpg

LukeC

Nice @parje this works like a charm to close the SharePoint list-customized app when accessed from a SharePoint list:

and it's simple. Great job!