cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NilsVB
Level: Powered On

SharePoint form doesn't get reset on New item

Hi,

Has anyone else noticed that the selected item in a PowerApps SharePoint form doesn't get reset when switching from a Viewform-mode to a Newform-mode?
I have this problem on 2 seperate tenants, so it shouldn't be an isolated case.

Ways to reproduce:

• Make sure you display the SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemId somewhere in a label's Text property:app.png

• Save and publish the form
  • Go back to SharePoint and open/View an existing item.
  • Close this item, deselect it in the list so the + New button becomes available
  • Create a new item and watch the SelectedListItemId not being null Smiley Sad

826f4192-01bf-4ef8-b9f7-8a6c33b66720.gif

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Re: SharePoint form doesn't get reset on New item

I have also notice similar issues.  We have issues when trying to set variables in the OnStart or OnVisible using values from SharePointIntegration.Selected.[FieldName] . There doesn't seem to be any values available when OnStart and OnVisible are executed. I hope someone from the PG can jump in and help explain how SharePointIntegration is suppose to work. This will help us know if we are dealing with a bug or it's working as designed. If it is a bug we need to get it documented, so the PG can get it in their backlog.

Here is another post from @Bee with a related issue showing the previous selected item value.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Bug-SharePointIntegration-actions/td-p/87199

cc: @v-micsh-msft , @v-monli-msft , @CarlosFigueira

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly.
If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
PhilBeattie

Having similar issues to Jeff and Nils as described above. Can someone please expand on this behaviour?

Rick72
Level 10

This issue/feature still exists.

I think @Jeff_Thorpe makes a good description of the underlying issue (feature? I hope not).

Kkrick

Still an issue in 2019. I'd say this is a pretty glaring one, and the fact there is no obvious workaround is not encouraging.

mj2

Try using Classic Rendering from App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> (turn off) Improved app rendering.

It worked for me

Kkrick

I tried that to no avail, thanks for offering the tip though!