Not applicable

Unable to pin my app to home in windows 10

Date: 11/14/17

Version: 1703

OS Build: 15063.674

PowerApps Version: 2.0.720

Error Message Title: Unable to pin

More Details: Session ID: b4157853-0385-771c-b56e-3b200b64d331

Notes:  I am unable to pin to home my custom made Dashboard App.  Gives above error, but non means of solution.  Please advise.

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Unable to pin my app to home in windows 10

Hi @Anonymous,

Is PowerApps the only application that you cannot pin? Also, I noticed that you said that it is a "custom made Dashboard App". Were you using the same way as mine to pin the PowerApps? Please tell us more details about the "custom made Dashboard App". 

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mona,

No I have pinned the PowerApps application to the taskbar.  I want to pin my app I created within power apps to the task bar.  See attached two images explaining the process and the error message with session ID.Power App Pin Issue 11-15-17 pic1.pngPower App Pin Issue 11-15-17 pic2.png

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry for my before misunderstanding, I just tested and I can successfully pin my app to Home. My os is Win10. PowerApps version 2.0.720 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Is this issue only happening to one specific app? If so, what is the data source in this app and are there any unsual settings in it?

Regards,

Mona 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mona,

Tried the other defualt apps that I did not create and still get the same error. 

Same version of power apps 2.0.720, session id Session ID: ce2e8827-2b50-583c-309c-c143fe58b36f

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.726

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry that you encountered this issue, I wil try to report this to pg. If there is any update later, I will notice you here.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Anonymous,

Are there any configuration on the firewall? Also, is this pc in a domain environment? If so, are there any group policies configured on home menu?

Regards,

Mona

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mona, 

Sorry I didn't mention it, but no it is a local computer.  I'm the admin on it.  If there is a firewall it it is from my ISP through their servers.  I do have Kaspersky Total Security 2016.  I have disabled protection and tried it still no luck. 

Donwong
Level: Powered On

Hi. I just bought a surface go and unable to pin powerapps(v3.18) app to home screen though it said successful.
Any solution?
Thx.
JBO
Level: Powered On

I also can't pin my apps to home in windows 10.
I can pin the default apps to start and apps that are in our company developement enviroment, but apps that are in our usual client that we work with can't be pinned to home.
Might there be a setting in the PowerApp enviroment that prevents to pin apps to home?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 4,899 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: