cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirstybear
Level: Powered On

shoutouts not working

Hello,

I have set up the shout out Templete which is great and I have tested it with a few users within my office before going wider.

I can send a shout out to them and they get an email notifcation but then are unable to open the link.

Or if i share the link to use the app it doesnt show that I have sent them a shout out even though it is on mine.

Any help with this would be apriciated.

Regards

Kirsty

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: shoutouts not working

Hi @kirstybear,

Do you mean the "Open Shoutout" button sent in the Email, for the link you mentioned?

Any error messages when user trying to click the Button?

Things you need to take a look at:

1. Make sure the App is shared with the users properly,

2. If user can't open the App, please check the corresponding connections first, including:

Office 365 User, Office 365 Outlook, and the storage Account (OneDrive for Business, or other places),

3. Check the file permission, make sure the data is shared properly, if not, then user may not be able to see the loaded data.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
kirstybear

hello @v-micsh-msft

I am able to share but the Activity pane isn't updating to show the same information as i am seeing.

So when they log in after receiving an email notification there has been a shout out it doesn't show.

Kirsty

mmeth-editas

When I get to the point where with the yellow bar that says "Make your own version of this app connecting to data storage, such as OneDrive" and I click on "Make your own app", I get an error that reads: "Error creating app from template" Service call to get app templates failed Session ID: 7b967ba8-60a2-4707-a0ad-3c34dd0622f3 

Euphoria18
Level: Power Up

I am also trying to use the Shoutouts app but get the same error when trying to connect to my own data source: "Error creating app from template. Service call to get app templates failed." Is there any resolution on this?