Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vranjan22
Level 8

updating sql data table

Hi,

I am new to Power Apps.

I have created an on-premise data connection with SQL Server Express edition. I am unable to add, update/edit any records in the data table. It was working fine when I was using MS Excel as data table. Please advise.

Thanks,

Vivek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vranjan22
Level 8

Re: updating sql data table

Hello all,

I was able to figure out the settings required in the SQL table for this:

1. There has to be at least one autoid column in the SQL table with a primary key assigned to it.
  2. You may keep the "Allow Null" option at the SQL table level, and the required restriction can be applied on the PowerApps

This should help in resolving the issue.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
vranjan22
Level 8

Hello all,

I was able to figure out the settings required in the SQL table for this:

1. There has to be at least one autoid column in the SQL table with a primary key assigned to it.
  2. You may keep the "Allow Null" option at the SQL table level, and the required restriction can be applied on the PowerApps

This should help in resolving the issue.

Thanks!

Justice3442
Level: Powered On

Thanks for posting this! I spent the better part of a workday just trying to figure this out.

dflansburg
Level: Power Up

Same here - spent a whole day racking my brains! This solved my problem.

Softbear

Thank you for this! 

reddyapps

hi there.. i have a similar question...i have a inventory table. with columns, id, status, lastupdateddate.

when i select some id, it shud show the 'status' and 'lastupdateddate'  information. And i want to be able to update 

'status' field to any of the dropdown values and also 'lastupdateddate'   field to currentdatetime. 

Evrytime i update, it shuold insert a new record the sql table. 

How can i do this?