Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Answered

Bot framework composer developer setup for PVA in Teams

Posted on by 3

Hi all I'm new to PVA and excited to learn more.

I'm currently seeking help and looking for best practices for setting up a productive development environment for PVA chatbots in Teams. I'm currently experiencing a problem with starting up the chat bot locally which I have described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/71853470/how-to-start-bot-locally-bot-framework-composer-developer-setup. Any help is appriciated.

I would appreciate all ideas, guides or good information sources in how to setup a development environment.

P.S what is the best ways to engage with the PVA community? Is this forum the primary spot or is stackoverflow / chat rooms also used?

Categories:
  • Verified answer
    SupportBryn Profile Picture
    SupportBryn on at
    Re: Bot framework composer developer setup for PVA in Teams

Hey @BenjaminWO,

I looked into this, and it appears that that is intended behavior. In order to make sure that Composer is always running with the proper sets of plugins in mind for Power Virtual Agents integration, documentation states that Composer should always be started from within the PVA environment. See this page. 

As for the P.S., this forum is the officially sanctioned community space for PVA! I can't speak to the activity of other areas, but we do our best to foster the strong and growing community of employees and Power Users answering questions!

Thank you for using Microsoft Power Platform Communities!
    Bryn Baker
    Support Engineer
    Microsoft Power Platform
    If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly! Have a great day!

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637

Featured topics