Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Unanswered

First time use shows error - Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code: 2030.

Posted on by

Hi.

I have my PVA for teams setup, published and running fine.

When a new user is added to the teams channel, I have it set to message the new user direct from the virtual agent.

In most cases (80%) of the time the new user gets the error message - 

Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code: 2030. Conversation ID: a:1VWN.........vmfl4L. Time (UTC): 7/25/2023 9:29:20 AM.

Some times users don't even get the message and have to manually navigate to the PVA in the apps menu.

They get the same message for the first time as well.

This happens before any question is typed on both the auto message or the open for the first time.

As soon as the user then types in a question after this message, everything works as expected.

I am putting this down as a timing issue of the user being added to the teams channel then access being granted to the PVA as some users could be shown the message in seconds but others might be a few mins finding PVA in the apps catalogue.

Is this a known issue to see this on first use as i can't find anything on this code online?

Thanks 
Kirk

Categories:
  • dylanist Profile Picture
    dylanist on at
    Re: First time use shows error - Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code: 2030.

Thank you for the info, this was my hunch as well. I'm working in a E5 Dev environment, so do I have to create a Teams group and give access to the chatbot from Teams? Or the other way around? I've already granted access to Teams in the admin center settings, so need a little more clarification on where the breakdown is.

• Re: First time use shows error - Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code: 2030.

I was never able to get around the issue of first time error message.

If your getting the error message constant then its an access issue. We had to make sure the Teams group is added to PVA access list to remove this as well as the user adding the App in the Apps menu in Teams.

• dylanist Profile Picture
    dylanist on at
    Re: First time use shows error - Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code: 2030.

Same Problem on trying to set up chatbot in Teams channel, except I'm getting "Sorry, the bot can't talk for a while. It's something the bot's owner needs to address. Error code: ContentValidationError." 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Featured topics