Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Unanswered

Need to Purchase a license to build bots with Power Virtual Agents on Teams?

Posted on by 14

I am building a bot using Power Virtual Agents on MS Teams. I work in higher education and have an Office 365 Account through my organisation.

My IT department keeps saying that I need to have a license to build a bot, and I got an email from Microsoft saying that "Your free trial of Power Virtual Agents will expire on July 6, 2022. Review subscription pricing and purchase a license to continue using your bots." 

This is the link to the pricing page: https://powervirtualagents.microsoft.com/en-gb/#pricing

On that page there is this section:

Included in Microsoft Teams

If your organisation uses Teams, your employees can already easily build bots for use within Teams at no extra charge—perfect for employee FAQs and HR tasks.

So, I am confused. If I need to buys a license, I can do so, but everything I read points to no license being needed if the Bot is only used on Teams.  Any advice?

Categories:
  • ecadamf Profile Picture
    ecadamf 14 on at
    Re: Need to Purchase a license to build bots with Power Virtual Agents on Teams?

I ended up buying a license. Even after busying the license, I still get emails from Microsoft telling me that my free trial is coming to an end and whether I wish to extend it.

Altogether not a very good customer experience. 

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at
    Re: Need to Purchase a license to build bots with Power Virtual Agents on Teams?

Have you checked that page? Get access to Power Virtual Agents - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

It describes the key capabilities included in the Power Virtual Agents for Microsoft Teams plan versus the ones that require a standalone Power Virtual Agents subscription.

Power Virtual Agents for Teams enables customers with select Office 365 licenses to build and deploy
    custom chatbots directly within Teams, using Dataverse for Teams. Are you using such environment for your bot?

The Microsoft Power Platform Licensing Guide also contains all the details on the eligible Office 365 / Microsoft 365 subscriptions that include Power Virtual Agents for Teams.

ecadamf 14 on at

It appears that I do need a license. I got this message this morning. I think the wording of the information about the 'chatbot having no extra charge' needs to be re-thought.

chatbots.png

ecadamf 14 on at

Does anybody have an answer to this question?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637

Featured topics