cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blo_mo31
Regular Visitor

Task Reminder - Issue: The result must be a valid array

Hi, I'm trying to understand how worflows work.

I use a SharePoint List as a Task Reminder for people of my organisation. When the deadline (Due_date) is overdue I'd like to send an email notification to them.

SP List Task ReminderSP List Task Reminder

Thanks to other threads I've been able to create a recurrent workflow that can compare today's date to (Due_date) to find overdue tasks and send a notification to "myself".

I've adapted it to use Assignee/ Email with or without the "One line text" for emails.

Detailed workflowDetailed workflow

However it didn't work, I wasn't able to either:
- parse each item to look for an "Assignee" (Group/Person field) to extract that person's email address
- use that e-mail address to send them my notification

The flow checker reports nothing wrong but when I launch my workflow it says:

ExpressionEvaluationFailed. The execution of template action 'Apply_to_each_2' failed: the result of the evaluation of 'foreach' expression '@items('Apply_to_each')' is of type 'Object'. The result must be a valid array.

Workflow issueWorkflow issue

How could I possibly convert the '@items('Apply_to_each')'s output into an array and extract the position of the email address? Even using a text email address didn't work

Thanks for your help

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (3,169)