cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricky23
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is it possible to split the Edit Form into multiple screens?

We are trying to save the data entered in the PowerApps Form to a SharePoint List. Now when we Insert an Edit Form to the screen, it shows all the fields from the list under one screen. Is it possible to have some fields from the list show up in another screen? 

If we try to create a new screen and Insert an Edit Form, the entries would show up as two Items in the list since there are two Edit Forms one for each screen. Is it possible to have one edit form for multiple screens so that all the entries from the form get saved as one list Item?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @ricky23 ,

Do you want to split the Edit form into multiple screens, and submit all Edit forms data into single one item in your SP list once time?

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think PowerApps could achieve your needs. On your side, you could consider take a try to add one Edit form (Form1, Form2, Form3, ...) within each screen you want to display form data. Set the FormMode property of All Edit forms to FormMode.EditWithin each Edit form in multiple screens, enable proper Data cards you want to display.

Then add one "Next" button within each screen except for the last screen (which contains the Edit form), set the OnSelect property to following:

Navigate(NextScreen, ScreenTransition.Fade)

Within the last screen which contains the Edit form, add a "Submit" button, set the OnSelect property of the "Submit" button to following:

Patch(
   'YourSPList',
    Defaults('YourSPList'),
    Form1.Updates,
    Form2.Updates,
    Form3.Updates,
    Form4.Updates,
)

More details about split Edit forms into multiple screens, and submit all Edit forms data into single one item in your SP list once time, please check and see if the response within the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Multiple-screen-app-looks-nice-for-the-user-proble...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Save-data-to-SharePoint/m-p/152242/highlight/...

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Multiple-forms-to-one-item-sharepoint-list/m-p/142...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, yes it is possible. I did that for my APP as well.

Can I just ask what is the Item property for your second screen?

For my first screen, the Item property is:

Defaults(DataSource)

Whereas for my second screen, the Item property is:

BrowseGallery1.Selected

I realised that once the Item property for the second screen is changed to 

Defaults(DataSource)

The entries will be saved separately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And you can have some of the fields show up in another screen as well.

Just use the same data source and delete the fields that you don't want.

@Anonymous How to find out the Item property? If I am using two screens, I would create one edit form for each screen so that I can populate the screen with the fields from the list. But, I would end up having two forms 

Here is a screenshot of how the screens are organized.Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 10.23.56 PM.png

@Anonymous How to find out the Item property? If I am using two screens, I would create one edit form for each screen so that I can populate the screen with the fields from the list. But, I would end up having two forms 

Here is a screenshot of how the screens are organized.Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 10.23.56 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, to check the Item property, click on your screen and click on the form.

Then click on the form and select the Item property at the top

01.JPG

02.jpg

So you have two data sources and two forms and would like to save the entry into the first data source? I don't know if it is possible to save the second data source's entry into the first data source. 

@Anonymous Thanks for your reply! The Item property is blank. 

No, I just have one Data Source. But, I am still not clear on how I can use the same edit form for multiple screens.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For the first screen, set your Item property to:

Defaults(DataSource)

For the second screen, set your Item property to:

BrowseGallery1.Selected

You can use the same data source for multiple screens, then delete the fields in the other screens.

@Anonymous I was able to add 

Defaults(DataSource)

to the 1st screen but when I try to add-

BrowseGallery1.Selected

to the 2nd screen, I get an error saying that "Name Isn't valid. The Identifier Isn't recognized. The error appears most commonly when a formula refers to something that no longer exists."

Can you please tell me what I need to do for the 2nd screen? I Inserted a new Edit Form for the 2nd screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can I check when you created the APP from your SharePoint list, did you use 'Create an APP' function or 'Customise a Form' function? 

Can I see your SharePoint list as well?

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,300)