cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prevent Android Back button from returning to previous screen

Is there a way so that when the back button (Bottom right on Android) is pressed the app doesn't return to the previous screen? I just want the "Close App" Message to show up.

If I have visited a few screens on the app I have to press the back button multiple times before I can exit the app.

2 REPLIES 2
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Dan,

No, this cannot be done in PowerApps so far. You could post this idea in the PowerApps Ideas forum, so it might be considered for future releases.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Regards,

Mona Li

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mona,

Is there a way to add logic for when the user presses the back button on android? Currently the navigate back arrows on my app have logic attach to them so when the user navigates back a page using the back icon button the correct logic will trigger. The issue is if some presses the back button on an android phone they will be navigated back a screen but the logic won't run.

Thanks

Dan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,934)