Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jarodpearcy
Helper I
Helper I

Respond to PowerApps Timeout

Hello,

I have successfully created a Flow that retreives a paginated dataset from a SaaS vendor's API.  When calling the flow from a PowerApp, the Flow itself does not timeout when retreiving large datasets however the PowerApp call to the Flow times out after two minutes.

Is there anyway to alter the timeout window so the "Respond to PowerApps" can fire after two minutes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jarodpearcy
Helper I
Helper I

The answer is that the timeout period of two minutes is not a parameter of the 'Respond to PowerApps' function and cannot be set or altered.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
yashag2255
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

Hi @jarodpearcy 

Currently this timeout limit is set by PowerApps and there is nothing that checks the result of the flow once the flow is completed successfully.

As a workaround for this, you can save the data into a datasource like SharePoint/CDS entity and retrieve it from there based on the timer control which checks after two minutes and display the results stored in the datasource.

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Thanks for the reply.  I'm using the API call to populate a dropdown source and it wouldn't make any sense to use a temporary list as a stage or buffer for the request to complete.

I might just have to duplicate the API dataset in a local list that updates on a timer trigger.  It's a bit of a wonky work around but the app is for support services and not a production environment so it may suit the situation.

Hi @jarodpearcy 

If that is okay with the business requirement, I would suggest you to duplicate the API dataset in a local list that updates on a timer trigger, just like you mentioned. If you think this should be added as a functionality in powerApps, please raise an idea or upvote if already exists on: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!
jarodpearcy
Helper I
Helper I

The answer is that the timeout period of two minutes is not a parameter of the 'Respond to PowerApps' function and cannot be set or altered.

View solution in original post

What about this:

johannesmu_0-1596890974555.png

Configure the run after setting to: Timeout and have two paralell branches. 

Set time out to P1M for 1 minute timeout. 

johannesmu_1-1596891058392.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,952)