cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send image to excel database

Hey guys!

I'm doing a subscription form. In order to do that, i have 2 text fields, 1 dropdown and 1 "send image" control. On the button I have a PATCH function doing all the job. The problem is that when you submit it, all data comes correct except for the image, it shows up on Excel as a link ( blob:https://create.powerapps.com/<LOTS OF NUMBERS AND LETTERS HERE> ) that when i click, goes to an 404 page(if I try without the BLOB: it shows up a series of number and letters also)

Any help?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please explain a bit for the "Send image " control here?

Is this an image control,  Add Picture control or a  Camera control?

Besides, have you checked the following documentation for add images to Excel?

Add images to Excel from PowerApps

For the patch, could you please also share the formula you used ?

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-micsh-msft!

It's an Add Picture Control!

I Already checked the add images documentation, did it step by step and I still get the same thing. The problem is that the image shows up on excel as a link that cant be opened(gives me an error 404 on browser)

The Patch formula would be 

Patch(Table2; Defaults(Table2);{Email:TextInputEmail.Text; RE: Value(TextInputRE.Text);  Setor: Setores.Selected.Value; NomeCurso: TextBox1.Text; Comprovante:  AddMediaButton1.Media})

The Image control would be the last one, "Comprovante"

And in excel, the image shows up as 

blob:https://create.powerapps.com/<lots_of_number_and_letters_here>
Meneghino
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous

You may find some clues in the following post, please let me know if you resolve the blob issue:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Forum/Solved-How-to-save-captured-images-in-SharePoint/td-p/19154

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meneghino The post you sent me works for the camera control, I want for the add picture control, because the user is probably going send a print screen!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,389)