cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin
Helper I
Helper I

can not add new data in Powerapp after remvoe the data via the excel online

I created a budget tracker APP via Microsoft template ,  then it generate a excel in my one drive. Then I edit the data via online,

and remove the data and changed the category(attached the screenshot) ,  I close the app and open again, found the data was removed successfully, but I can not add new data in it, will show below error

removed the data in budget/expenses/receipts/expensebycategory

2016-10-28 10_10_13-data.xlsx.png

Changed the category

2016-10-28 10_10_37-data.xlsx.png

I use the preivew mode in computer ,and add the new data

2016-10-28 11_03_16-liangju-w10 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

then will show below error

2016-10-28 11_03_44-liangju-w10 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

2 REPLIES 2
linhtran
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi Justin, 

Can you please try this again (create new AFT using Budget Tracker template) but this time delete data from all tables except the Categories table? In the Categories table, just delete the data from CategoryName column and input other categories you might want to use. You can add more categories if you would like. Please don't touch the data in the _PowerAppsId_ column (you don't need to fill this column for new categories you are adding either. 

Categories.png

If you don't have as many categories, you can delete the rows. Say I only have 3 categories, I'll delete the below rows but leave the top 3 row and change only the CategoryName column for those 3 rows. 

Categories2.png

For other tables, delete all rows for all columns including data in the _PowerAppsId column. Save the Excel file. 

Now opening the app you had created from the template (and had saved to cloud). It should work. Let me know if it doesn't and I can walk you through step by step. 

Thanks,

Linh

litran@microsoft.com

litran@MSFT

Hi litran,

I followed your steps , but it still doesn't work, still have error,  can you walk me steps by steps?

Justin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,167)