cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andresadan2000

where validate username and password

help please I want to generate an APP where validate username and password, this validated with a list of Share point I found this page but I can not get it to validate the records

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MatthewInwards
Resolver II
Resolver II

I have implemented this within some of my apps already and this is how you will do it.

Here are my variable names first for context:

Username = The text box for the username

Password = The text box for the password

Login = The button you press to verify the username and password

LoginList = The sharepoint list containing your logins

Put this on the onselect properties of the login button

If(CountRows(Filter(LoginList,And(Username.Text = UsernameColumn,Password.Text = PasswordColumn))) = 1, Enter here what you want it to do if it is correct, Notify("Incorrect Login Details",NotificationType.Error))

Hope this helps 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MatthewInwards
Resolver II
Resolver II

I have implemented this within some of my apps already and this is how you will do it.

Here are my variable names first for context:

Username = The text box for the username

Password = The text box for the password

Login = The button you press to verify the username and password

LoginList = The sharepoint list containing your logins

Put this on the onselect properties of the login button

If(CountRows(Filter(LoginList,And(Username.Text = UsernameColumn,Password.Text = PasswordColumn))) = 1, Enter here what you want it to do if it is correct, Notify("Incorrect Login Details",NotificationType.Error))

Hope this helps 🙂

Hi @andresadan2000 

@MatthewInwards's reply will work.

The comment I would have about this approach is that it's easy for users to circumvent the security by looking up the usernames and passwords directly in the SharePoint list. Therefore, is there a way that you can secure your app by only sharing it with the users that require access?

Just for info, here's a thread with a similar question.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Created-Log-In-But-cant-log-in/td-p/196312

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,745)