Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Calling Actions from Copilot Studio
Unanswered

How to add hyperlink to chatbot output ( Power Virtual Agent Output) that is coming from Automate workflow?

Posted on by

I am creating a chatbot using PVA to track the order information. 

I have created two workflows, where one workflow triggers and fetch the details from API with Email as an input. 

The details it fetches from API is "orders placed in last 6 months" and I am showing this output using markdown, by appending the string variable, to the chatbot output ( as shown in the image)

HJ_ML360_0-1708101613440.png

I have to make the order numbers ( you can see in the image) - clickable, so that when the user click on the order number from the output, they will get the status of the order.  

I have tried to add the order number in [OrderNumber](ordernumber) but that is not helpful here in PVA. 

I have second workflow which triggers when the order number was added and provides the status information. 

My ask is :
I want to make those orders - Order Number of entire row clickable, 
when someone clicks on it, the chat-bot should receive the entry of order number of that row and the second workflow should get triggered to provide the status of the order. 

Categories:
  • HJ_ML360 Profile Picture
    HJ_ML360 on at
    Re: How to add hyperlink to chatbot output ( Power Virtual Agent Output) that is coming from Automate workflow?

@Expiscornovus  I used the Adaptive card to add the buttons. 
    I have used the select operation to create the buttons and limited to max. 5 order as buttons. 

• HJ_ML360 Profile Picture
    HJ_ML360 on at
    Re: How to add hyperlink to chatbot output ( Power Virtual Agent Output) that is coming from Automate workflow?

Hello @Expiscornovus ,

Thank you for your message. 

There are two actions : 

1. First action is to get the total number of orders and display the latest 5 orders with status. 
      Chatbot/PVA window accommodate 3 columns which will look better. 

(Things where I need help)
      If someone wants to have a detailed status : 
      I have to make the order clickable, so when someone clicks on the line (row) or the order number in the image above, it will share the detailed status which will include Fedex tracking number, Tracking link etc. if the Order is having that. 
    2. The reason for second workflow is If someone do not see the order information they see in the latest 5 orders, they can add the order number and now the API only get the results of that specific order only. 

I have two workflows :
    One is giving all the orders of last 3 months, and I display max 5 from it. 
    Second is giving me of specific order information. 

The reason is reduce the process time and get it processed at source. 

Let me know if this helps. Thank you.

• Re: How to add hyperlink to chatbot output ( Power Virtual Agent Output) that is coming from Automate workflow?

Hi @HJ_ML360,

Out of interest, what is the reason you want to have a separate flow for the status of the order and you are not sharing the status of each order number directly in the first response of the bot as well (in that markdown table as an additional column?)

Is that to reduce the number of API requests for example? 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Featured topics