cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeongQJ
Helper I
Helper I

Why does Post adaptive card and wait for a response take two minutes to register a response?

Recently, the "Post adaptive card and wait for a response" is taking a lot longer than normal. It used to take only a few seconds, but is now taking almost two minutes, causing Power Virtual Agents to time out. This issue is affecting all of my flows, and the flow fails as the 'Return values to Power Virtual Agents' times out.

I am thinking it might be a rate limit, but I read through the documentations and it appears that most of the time I should be getting an exception if I exceed it, rather than being slowed down. There has only been 400 actions a day (way lower than 10,000 as specified here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/limits-and-config)

The weird thing is, if I resubmit the flow via the run history rather than triggering it from Power Virtual Agents, the response is registered in 5 seconds.

LeongQJ_0-1655612647595.png

34 REPLIES 34
MikeBerendsen
Frequent Visitor

I'm trying to show Adaptive Cards as being useful in PVA to my manager, and ran into this 😣 Given the comments that Microsoft is working on it for 3 weeks, I wanted to share a work around because I can't wait for Microsoft. 

If you nest your Post Adaptive Card and Await response in another flow triggered by HTTP, 

the submit action is registered by the Adaptive Card wait action and the flow completes as fast as expected. 

You just have to have the HTTP premium connector, and pass any variables in the header or body back and forth like a normal API Post call,

Hope that helps someone while they fix this.

~Mike

solution1.png

solution2.png

Hi Mike,

I tried your workaround and it did not work from my side. I still get a time out from PVA after a certain amount of time. 

In the PVA Testbot, it works fine, but so does the direct "Adaptive Card and wait for a response" flow. 

Are there special settings you have set in your HTTP requests? 

Thanks! 

vinod_reddy_257
Frequent Visitor

It works well in dev environment but creates delay and time out in prod. Any solution please!

vinod_reddy_257
Frequent Visitor

It works if you delete PVA Output in the last in power automate flow. Only problem is you the topic with power automate action should be the last

AC130

The workaround we had to put in place in our case was to move the "Return value(s) to Power Virtual Agents" step up in the flow to prevent PVA from timing out while waiting for a response. This allows PVA to complete the topic run while still allowing the adaptive card's function to work correctly within the PA flow. It is worth noting that our PVA topic did not depend on the return value to work correctly as PA handled the rest once the card received input from the user that called it, so the return value to PVA was arbitrary. 

Helpful resources

Announcements

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   😊Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Check Out the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community.  We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!      

Welcome to the Copilot Studio Community!

You are now a part of a vibrant growing group of peers and industry experts who are here to network, share knowledge, and even have a little fun!   If you have not yet registered, please visit here to learn how to register!   Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources:   The Microsoft Copilot Studio Community Forums If you are looking for support with any part of Microsoft Copilot Studio, our forums are the place to go. They are titled "Forums" and there you will find technical professionals with years of experience who are ready and eager to answer your questions. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Copilot Studio Community forums! Make sure you conduct a quick search before creating a new post because your question may have already been asked and answered!   Microsoft Copilot Studio Ideas Do you have an idea to improve the Microsoft Copilot Studio experience, or a feature request for future product updates? Then the "Copilot Studio Ideas" section is where you can contribute your suggestions and vote for ideas posted by other Community members. We constantly look to the most voted Ideas when planning updates, so your suggestions and votes will always make a difference.   News & Announcements The Copilot Studio Community News & Announcements is your stop to get all the latest news around Community events and announcements. This is where we share with the Community what is going on and how to participate!   Copilot Studio Samples, Learning and Video Galleries We have galleries that can assist you with information on creating a bot in our Webinars and Video Gallery,  and the ability to share the bots you have created in our Bot Sharing Gallery.  Check out the awesome content being shared there today!   Again, we are excited to welcome you to the Microsoft Copilot Studio Community family! Whether you are brand new to the world of bot creation or you are a seasoned Copilot Studio veteran, our goal is to shape the Community to be your ‘go to’ for support, networking, education, inspiration and encouragement as we enjoy this adventure together!   Let us know in the Community Feedback if you have any questions or comments about your Community experience. To learn more about the Community and your account be sure to visit our Community Support Area boards to learn more!   We look forward to seeing you in the Copilot Studio Community!The Copilot Studio Community Team

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

The Copilot Studio community is thrilled to share some exciting news!

We are embarking on a journey to enhance your experience by transitioning to a new community platform. Our team has been diligently working to create a fresh community site, leveraging the very Dynamics 365 and Power Platform tools that our community advocates for.  We're proud to announce that the Copilot Studio community will pioneer this migration starting in June 2024. The move will mark the beginning of a new chapter, and we're eager for you to be a part of it. Following our lead, the rest of the Power Platform product sites will join us over the summer.   Stay tuned for more updates as we get closer to the launch. We can't wait to welcome you to our new community space, designed with you in mind, to connect, learn, and grow together.   Here's to new beginnings and endless possibilities!   If you have any questions, observations or concerns throughout this process please go to https://aka.ms/PPCommSupport. To stay up to date on the latest details of this migration and other important Community updates subscribe to our News and Announcements forums: Copilot Studio, Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Pages  

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,424)