cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CDRPepijn

On-premise gateway and dynamic host

Hi,

Sorry if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find any similar posts. I'm trying to make 1 connector to connect to a service for which the URL differs based on your company name. So for instance the company "Company A" would get the URL "companya.someservice.com". 

The service that I'm trying to connect to, limits access using IP filtering. So we have an on-premise gateway from a server that has an IP that is allowed to connect to 5 different companies. If I hard-code the host-url, the connection works perfectly (so via the on-premise gateway) but if I use the "Set Host URL" via a policy, the connection times out which seems to indicate that it skips the on-premise gateway.

Is this a bug or am I making a mistake here?

CDRPepijn_0-1644487027042.png

Thanks,

Pepijn

4 REPLIES 4
PowerAutomate7

Hi,
I have a similar question so just will add here:
If i use static host - 127.0.0.1:3000 - with on-premises gateway it works as expected.

But using a policy template as: http://@queryParameters('portalUrl')

Returns:

{
"error": {
"code": 500,
"message": "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3000",
"source": "msmanaged-na.azure-apim.net",
"path": "forward-request",
"policyId": "",
"clientRequestId": "1234"
}
}

ErnstS
Regular Visitor

We have the same problem, any news here?

CDRPepijn

Unfortunately, no. As a workaround I have created multiple connectors, one per subdomain. Not pretty but it works for now until there is a solution for this issue.

Lietho
Frequent Visitor

Please upvote https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Enable-quot-Set-Host-URL-quot-Policy-support-on.... Maybe this issue gets fixed if enough people vote up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations 768x460.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022- Season 2 has kicked off!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,943)