cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicci
Resolver I
Resolver I

Convert to PDF Failing

Hi All, I have a flow that has been running for almost a year now. Today as of 2:40pm the flow stopped working and started failing at the Convert File step. Here is the error:

"status"404,
  "message""Error from Office Service. Url=https://wordcs.osi.office365.us/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close\r\nDate: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:29:09 GMT\r\nServer: Microsoft-IIS/10.0\r\nX-Powered-By: ASP.NET\r\n",
  "source""api.connectorp.svc.ms"

I tried removing the step, adding it back, nothing. Is this a Microsoft issue or did something get updated/changed that I'm missing. Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yup it seems the consensus is it's a Microsoft issue. What I ended up doing was using the Word doc to PDF connector instead. Its premium but I was already using premium to fill a word template. That worked for me, so all good now! The convert to PDF is in preview so maybe its just bugged at the moment.

Updating - As of 5/9/24 this seems to be fixed now. If you delete everything in your temp and re-add the connector should be back in business.

View solution in original post

80 REPLIES 80
AlexEncodian
Super User
Super User

@Nicci 

Based on the number of people experiencing this issue despite flows running fine historically, I can only assume this is a Microsoft bug. 

Some fixes have worked for some users but others reported these did not help. 

1) Delete OneDrive connector actions, readd and remap fields

2) Recreate the Word template (if you're populate Word files)
Error from Office Service. Url=https://wordcs.offi... - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

I would also raise a ticket with Microsoft. Besides re-creating the entire flow from scratch, you could temporarily use a third party connector if you have low volumes (Encodian has 50 convert operations free per month)

Convert Word – Encodian Customer Help

Talus
Regular Visitor

I started having this exact same issue starting yesterday:

Error from Office Service. Url=https://euc.wordcs.officeapps.live.com/document/export/pdf HttpCode=NotFound cert=subject:;thumbprint: ResponseHeaders=Connection: close

Yup it seems the consensus is it's a Microsoft issue. What I ended up doing was using the Word doc to PDF connector instead. Its premium but I was already using premium to fill a word template. That worked for me, so all good now! The convert to PDF is in preview so maybe its just bugged at the moment.

Updating - As of 5/9/24 this seems to be fixed now. If you delete everything in your temp and re-add the connector should be back in business.

I recreated the entire flow and the same error occurred.

I am using a Word template in my flow and I'm populating the fields using the SharePoint library metadata workaround as I do not have access to premium connectors.

As for recreating the Word template, would I be able to simply make a copy of the template with a new file name and use that in my Flow or should I start from scratch?

Thanks!

I believe you can just make a copy of the template and use that, but ya without premium i'm not sure if there's a work around to convert to PDF once you're done as the only other one I saw that works is the word to PDF premium.

Talus
Regular Visitor

Ok. I made a copy of the my template and used that in my Flow. Same error occurred.

So it looks like I'm waiting on Microsoft to fix on their end at this point...

Thanks for the help!!

Pecorre
Regular Visitor

Same thing here. The problem started yesterday. I basically tried to rebuild everything from scratch this morning and nothing works. It's a big problem for me because this flow will be used by at least 100 users in the coming days...

@Talus / @Nicci 

Just to clarify, there are "Premium" connectors which require premium Power Automate licensing (the opposite being "Standard" connectors). Microsoft's own Populate Word is Premium.

There are also 3rd party connector that may require 3rd party licensing. 

3rd party connectors can be Standard or Premium. Encodian is a Standard connector so does not require premium licensing to use (but it is 3rd party so will require a license above a certain usage volume that is free).

Encodian has a Populate Word Document action that's not premium as well as convert actions.

Bobsta666

I think i may have found the solution!!!

Delete the connection from OneDrive in the home page left section under "Connections" and then in the flow re-establish a connection with OneDrive.

I was stressing about this for ages as it was the only step that failed causing the whole flow not to work.

Hopefully this works for you too

DoubleT
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @Bobsta666  for sharing this solution! I was able to delete all the OneDrive connections in the environment and established a new connection inside the flow, this solved the issue for me.

Hi Bobsta666, Can you advise how you re-establish a connection with OneDrive, is this just a premium facility or can I do it in standard?

It’s a standard feature, on your power automate Home Screen (or any screen for that matter) on the left in the section below “flows”, expand it and you should see connections, click that and it will take you to the page where all connections are. Delete the one drive for business or whatever version you are using, it will ask are you sure as some flows may be using this connection, say yes. When you return to your “broken” flow it will start auto reconnecting. This fixed my issue, hopefully the same for you

Bobsta666

Or just add a flow with OneDrive as a component and it will ask to sign in

patttachai
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

Not everyone who delete -> re-add connection will get this bug resolved. I and many still get same error 404 not found. Please help escalate this to MS so they will fix this ASAP.

404_Error_Convert_File_OneDrive.PNG

karl91
Regular Visitor

Hello everyone,

i can also confirm that deleting and readding the OneDrive for Business connection did not solve the problem. Still getting the same error output like @patttachai

paulbeck1
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I raise a support ticket with MS yesterday, and last night they got back to me with "We checked internally and it is the outage from the OneDrive team"  The case has been transferred to the OneDrive team, and i'm hopeful the service shall be restored and the flows start working again. 

paulbeck1
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

post the msg again by mistake

Could you please update us when you get a response?

Thanks!!

Volt26
Advocate I
Advocate I

I tried to delete the connections and it didn't work

Then I tried again and this time I deleted the steps implying this connection : didn't work

Then finally I did it all over but I tried the alternative step "convert file using path" : didn't work

Now I need to warn all departments affected by this and wait for a solution from Microsoft.. Yay...

Helpful resources

Announcements

Celebrating the May Super User of the Month: Laurens Martens

@LaurensM  is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community. Super Users like Laurens inspire others through their example, encouragement, and active participation. We are excited to celebrated Laurens as our Super User of the Month for May 2024.   Consistent Engagement:  He consistently engages with the community by answering forum questions, sharing insights, and providing solutions. Laurens dedication helps other users find answers and overcome challenges.   Community Expertise: As a Super User, Laurens plays a crucial role in maintaining a knowledge sharing environment. Always ensuring a positive experience for everyone.   Leadership: He shares valuable insights on community growth, engagement, and future trends. Their contributions help shape the Power Platform Community.   Congratulations, Laurens Martens, for your outstanding work! Keep inspiring others and making a difference in the community!   Keep up the fantastic work!        

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Announcing Power Apps Copilot Cookbook Gallery

We are excited to share that the all-new Copilot Cookbook Gallery for Power Apps is now available in the Power Apps Community, full of tips and tricks on how to best use Microsoft Copilot as you develop and create in Power Apps. The new Copilot Cookbook is your go-to resource when you need inspiration--or when you're stuck--and aren't sure how to best partner with Copilot while creating apps.   Whether you're looking for the best prompts or just want to know about responsible AI use, visit Copilot Cookbook for regular updates you can rely on--while also serving up some of your greatest tips and tricks for the Community. Check Out the new Copilot Cookbook for Power Apps today: Copilot Cookbook - Power Platform Community.  We can't wait to see what you "cook" up!    

Welcome to the Power Automate Community

You are now a part of a fast-growing vibrant group of peers and industry experts who are here to network, share knowledge, and even have a little fun.   Now that you are a member, you can enjoy the following resources:   Welcome to the Community   News & Announcements: The is your place to get all the latest news around community events and announcements. This is where we share with the community what is going on and how to participate.  Be sure to subscribe to this board and not miss an announcement.   Get Help with Power Automate Forums: If you're looking for support with any part of Power Automate, our forums are the place to go. From General Power Automate forums to Using Connectors, Building Flows and Using Flows.  You will find thousands of technical professionals, and Super Users with years of experience who are ready and eager to answer your questions. You now have the ability to post, reply and give "kudos" on the Power Automate community forums. Make sure you conduct a quick search before creating a new post because your question may have already been asked and answered. Galleries: The galleries are full of content and can assist you with information on creating a flow in our Webinars and Video Gallery, and the ability to share the flows you have created in the Power Automate Cookbook.  Stay connected with the Community Connections & How-To Videos from the Microsoft Community Team. Check out the awesome content being shared there today.   Power Automate Community Blog: Over the years, more than 700 Power Automate Community Blog articles have been written and published by our thriving community. Our community members have learned some excellent tips and have keen insights on the future of process automation. In the Power Automate Community Blog, you can read the latest Power Automate-related posts from our community blog authors around the world. Let us know if you'd like to become an author and contribute your own writing — everything Power Automate-related is welcome.   Community Support: Check out and learn more about Using the Community for tips & tricks. Let us know in the Community Feedback  board if you have any questions or comments about your community experience. Again, we are so excited to welcome you to the Microsoft Power Automate community family. Whether you are brand new to the world of process automation or you are a seasoned Power Automate veteran - our goal is to shape the community to be your 'go to' for support, networking, education, inspiration and encouragement as we enjoy this adventure together.     Power Automate Community Team

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Users online (3,493)