cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charliebyrd
Helper I
Helper I

SharePoint to Dynamics CRM - CRM Workflow not running when Record Is Created

Has anyone had an issue with SharePoint to Dynamics CRM online where a Workflow that's supposed to run when a 'Record is created' will NOT run when the record is created by Flow? The Workflow triggers when I create the record from within CRM manually...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@v-micsh-msft , I figured it out, thanks for helping. Issue was on the CRM side...

Have a good one.

C

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @charliebyrd,

Could you please share more details about the Flow configuration, or errors from Microsoft Flow notifications?

If you mean the Flow trigger when a Record is created in Dynamics 365 won't work here, and I assume the Flow should be based on the following template?

Create a SharePoint item based on a Dynamics CRM record

If it is, and you have created the corrseponding record under Dynamics 365 entity, there should be running details logged under Microsoft Flow:

Watch your flows in action

If possible, please share the error message logged there.

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, @v-micsh-msft,

The flow is going in the opposite direction: When I create a new item in SharepPoint list (from a PowerApp), a corresponding Lead is created in Dynamics. 

The Lead is created just fine in Dynamics by Flow, but a Workflow set to run when a Lead is created does not trigger when coming from Flow. If I create a Lead in CRM manually, the Workflow runs normally, so the issue is not with the Dynamics Workflow.

The Flow creates no errors.

FlowIssue1.PNG

Thanks for your reply.

Hi @charliebyrd,

Could you please explain a bit regarding the workflow created here?

"a Workflow set to run when a Lead is created does not trigger when coming from Flow. If I create a Lead in CRM manually, the Workflow runs normally, "

Is this workflow created under Dynamics 365 only? If this is the flow managed by Dynamics 365, then I think you'd better ask in the Dynamics CRM forum for better assistance.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm

By the way, would this flow be possible to accompulish through Microsoft Flow?

Regards

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-micsh-msft thanks for getting back to me.

The CRM Workflow (not Flow) is in Dynamics 365 CRM and it's supposed to run when a Lead is created.

The CRM Workflow does NOT RUN when a CRM Lead is created BY FLOW

The CRM Workflow DOES RUN if a I create a Lead Manually in CRM.

So, there is somehthing going on with FLOW that does not allow the CRM Worflow to trigger when a Lead is created...

Thanks.

@v-micsh-msft , I figured it out, thanks for helping. Issue was on the CRM side...

Have a good one.

C

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

Users online (2,146)