Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / CoPilot Studio / Gener...
General
Unanswered

CoPilot Studio / Generative Ai/ How long does it take to connect to files

Posted on by

Hi everyone, new to the community, but wondering if anyone can assist please. I am building CoPilots but finding that sometimes it wont connect to files or wont connect consistently. In CoPilot Studio under Generative Ai can anyone tell me how long does it take to connect to files. This is not a file format issue as I have connected the Data and had it working, I am just not getting that outcome all the time. 

• shambly85 Profile Picture
    shambly85 on at
    Re: CoPilot Studio / Generative Ai/ How long does it take to connect to files

sorry for confusion, let’s just look at the first question.

if I upload an excel file to the copilot, how long does it take for the CoPilot begin being able to find the content?

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

I am not following - what do you mean by "connecting to files in the site"? Maybe it would be better if you could share screenshots for your Gen Answers configuration and the undesired result.

• shambly85 Profile Picture
    shambly85 on at

Hi Adilei, its just an excel document, However I would also be keen to know if I have a file that is saved on sharepoint and I link the site, does that mean it should connect to files in the site - or do I need to connect to the file location specifically?

• adilei Profile Picture
    adilei on at

Can you elaborate on how is the connection managed exactly? Are you connecting Generative Answers with a SharePoint/OneDrive data source? What does the user experience look like when the copilot does not connect?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…