Announcements

No record found.

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Customized Canvas Code
General
Unanswered

Customized Canvas Code

Posted on by

Hi, 

I have applied this set of code on this page to start conversation, it works well. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/configure-bot-greeting

But fallback system doesn't turn out correctly with this set of code.

In my Demo Website, fallback topic apply correctly.

DemoWebsite.JPG

But in my customized code, copy from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/configure-bot-greeting , fallback topic has minor changes following. 

StartConversation.JPG

Any idea to fix?

Regards, 

Lee Yong

Categories:
  • Leeyong88 Profile Picture
    Leeyong88 on at
    Re: Customized Canvas Code

@4LB3r7, attach with the Greeting screenshot. Thanks for investigate and follow up on this. Appreciate it. 

Greeting.JPG

• 4LB3r7 Profile Picture
    4LB3r7 on at

Hi @Leeyong88,

Could you please share the screenshot of your greeting topic?  I guess there is question node in your greeting topic. In that case, the user is trying to say something in the middle of the conversation, which is not expected by the bot (the bot asks some question and wait the user to answer). The fallback topic only works when there is no active pending question.

Thanks

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao on at

Maybe your current scenario should be work normally, but it's not working in this case.

I will tag the Microsoft staffs and they can help you better.

@CleberM  @Diganta @ggupta  @mivakoc @MarKol 

Leeyong88 on at

Hi @renatoromao , thanks for your fast response. I have published my latest BOT topics and wait more than 30 minutes. But the outcome still different as per my screen shoot.

For the different messages case, in my Demo BOT, it detect one trigger phrase and offers few topics. I use the same word in my custom canvas, it seems applied "unrecognized trigger phrase ", therefore it routes to System Fallback. 

Is that possible the set of coding make same changes? I do not understanding coding so well, only modified those part that required necessary changes.

Thanks for advise. 

Regards, 

Lee Yong

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao on at

Hi @Leeyong88 ,

Regarding your System fallback issue, did you publish again your bot? 

Did you wait for 30 minutes? Maybe you can get the last version with no System Fallback implemented.

Regarding the different messages, in the first message, the chatbot understands one of the words in the topics or you prepare the system fallback with this message.

And the second situation (custom canvas), the chatbot don't understand your word and it's not prepared to System Fallback.

I recommend you to use phrases and not WORD because all chatbots and AI bots are prepared to receive the phrase and recognize this to do a specific thing. Using PVA, the best practice is using phrases.

Leeyong88 on at

Also, I found the outcome from Demo Website and Customized Code become different.

From Demo Website:

demoWebsite2.JPG

From customized canvas code:

CanvasCode.JPG 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…