Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Dead Login Button in M...
General
Answered

Dead Login Button in MS Teams

Posted on by

Hi,

I've set up authentication in PVA successfully and am able to run it in both the test window and the test webpage (clicking on login opens a new tab with the login code, login code is accepted).

I've published to Teams but I get as far as it prompting for a login and then... nothing. Even though I can see the URL when I hover over the button, nothing happens when I click on it.

I have tried desktop, online and mobile app. Only the mobile app generates a response: "Failed to load webview. Please check whether the specified app is available."

I've tried searching various forums and watching guides on YouTube, but can't seem to find similar issues. Anybody come across this before or am I missing something obvious?

Categories:
  • Re: Dead Login Button in MS Teams

I am experiencing the exact same behaviour.

The in web and desktop client, nothing happens when clicking the login button.

However, in the mobile client, everything works perfectly and once clicking the login button, a login window opens.

I did add the token.botframework.com url to the Teams application valid domains.

When looking at the teams app javascript in browser debug, I can see a JS error generated when clicking 'Login'

This line generates an error (minified file):

i && i.appId ? e.mruServiceV2.recordUsage(i.appId) : i && i.cardSender && i.cardSender.mri && e.mruServiceV2.recordBotMriUsage(i.cardSender.mri),

What can be done????

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao on at
    Re: Dead Login Button in MS Teams

Do you solve this issue?

If your issue persists, reply to me:

- Do you know if the steps after the login are working on your website and test bot? (another channel without your MS Teams)

- Can you take some pictures of your topic, please? Just to understand the usability and authentication.

• Re: Dead Login Button in MS Teams

Thanks, @renatoromao. That clears everything up! 🙂

Would that mean that the flow should continue on the assumption that it would be a positive login or is it causing a block because it's not necessary? I have a few steps after the authentication that don't trigger.

• Verified answer
    renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao on at
    Re: Dead Login Button in MS Teams

Hi @Anonymous ,

Inside the MS Teams follow this part of the documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-end-user-authentication#authenticate-node

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
    Once the user enters their username and password in the prompt (hosted by the identity provider), they might be prompted to enter a validation code, depending on the channel. Some channels, such as Microsoft Teams, do not require the user to enter a validation code.

Once the user enters their username and password in the prompt (hosted by the identity provider), they might be prompted to enter a validation code, depending on the channel. Some channels, such as Microsoft Teams, do not require the user to enter a validation code.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…