Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Generative AI disabled...
General
Unanswered

Generative AI disabled in my copilot studio bot

Posted on by

I am completely new to Copilot Studio. Started the training, I think was following the steps pretty precisely, created a bot, but on its home page all the buttons on the AI panel are disabled and at the top i see the message in the image below - 'Your admin has turned off some features in this tenant. Your copilot might not work as expected'. Can't find any info in FAQs

olga_z_1-1711141222128.png

Is this an issue perhaps with using my default environment, or something else?

olga_z_2-1711141343018.png

Would much appreciate any hints!

Categories:
  • peterswimm Profile Picture
    peterswimm on at
    Re: Generative AI disabled in my copilot studio bot

You do have access, but many features are blocked on the default tenant.

• olga_z Profile Picture
    olga_z on at

I see now that this pre-requisite is maybe what i need to look into? As employee i assumed i already had this via my MS login credentials

'A Power Apps developer environment (based in the United States region) with a licensed user to complete these exercises'

• olga_z Profile Picture
    olga_z on at

Thank you, some good info there that i have to work through, but i was not at the point of demo'ing just building by following the training instructions. Where i get stuck is where I need to add AI to my bot, but it is disabled. I am logged in with my MS employee credentials. I did not see anything in the training steps related to environment or tenants.

That said, at this link you share it is a little unclear which path i should follow as an employee.. it mentions partners and MFA of which i am neither. Is the approach i need to take the one using alternate ('personal') credentials?

Also, i'm a little confused now - how does this guidebook relate to the official Copilot Studio training path?

If it's any help i was following these instructions here - Create copilots with Microsoft Copilot Studio - Training | Microsoft Learn

• peterswimm Profile Picture
    peterswimm on at

There is a good guide on setting up your own environment to test Copilot Studio here https://github.com/sarahcritchley/copilotstudioguidebook/tree/main/I%20want%20to%20demo%20copilot%20studio#create-your-demo-environment

• olga_z Profile Picture
    olga_z on at

thank you!

• cchannon Profile Picture
    cchannon 94 on at

Hi Olga, this is a tenant-level (MSFT) feature that I believe is designed to get folks in your tenant to consult with internal resources. @HenryJammes has recommended internal resources to a few MSFT folks; perhaps he can point you in the right direction here.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637