Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Help needed for PVA to...
General
Unanswered

Help needed for PVA to add a query

Posted on by

I've created a simple bot to get the lists of birthdays and anniversaries by name, unique badge number, month, and event type (birthday and anniversary) . I want to know if we can add any queries to get today's events. For example, if the user wants to know what events (birthday/anniversary) are for today, how do I do that? my Chabot is simple with only topics and no power to automate. 

Categories:
  • Kavyashree_A Profile Picture
    Kavyashree_A on at
    Re: Help needed for PVA to add a query

Thanks a lot! I will give this a try and let you know 🙂

• Pstork1 Profile Picture
    Pstork1 on at

Make sure the events in the Excel file are in the form of an Excel Table.  If they are then its a relatively easy flow to create.  

1. Send the current date as a parameter to the flow
    2. List the Rows in the Excel Table
    3. Filter the array returned by the current date
    4. Do an Apply to Each loop to assemble a markup string table of the results
    5. Return that markup string to the Bot for display
  • Kavyashree_A Profile Picture
    Kavyashree_A on at

The events are stored in an excel file on SharePoint as well as on my system. Could you help me with how to call and use a power automate flow for this particular question? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Pstork1 Profile Picture
    Pstork1 on at

Unfortunately, the only way to do that would be to call a Power Automate flow to do the query.  Depending on where the events are stored its a relatively easy flow to build, but there is no way to query it inside a Bot other than using Power Automate, unless the events are all stored in an entity inside PVA.  But storing the events in a custom entity in PVA would take more work than writing a PA flow to retrieve them.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…