Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / How to Re-index ShareP...
General
Answered

How to Re-index SharePoint data sources after adding a new document into SharePoint?

Posted on by

Hi,

How do I know if the Copilot is able to access that newly added document every time I add a new document into SharePoint? 

There does not seem to be an option to manually re-index SharePoint files in Copilot Studio or schedule re-indexing like in Azure. 

Would love your help.

Thanks,
Viswa

Categories:
  • Viswav Profile Picture
    Viswav on at
    Re: How to Re-index SharePoint data sources after adding a new document into SharePoint?

Thanks a lot. This was really helpful!

• Verified answer
    MattJimison Profile Picture
    MattJimison on at
    Re: How to Re-index SharePoint data sources after adding a new document into SharePoint?

Hi, @Viswav .

Copilot Studio's Generative Answers against SharePoint Online just uses the Graph API to search for content on behalf of the end user. This means you don't need to do anything in the Copilot Studio, and instead just need to wait for SharePoint Online to reindex that content.

If you're looking to manually kick off indexing sooner, you can check out how to do that below as well:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/crawl-site-content

Cheers,

Matt

Find this post helpful? Please mark it as the solution and/or provide kudos so that it will help others in the future.

Cheers,
    Matt

• Viswav Profile Picture
    Viswav on at

Yeah. It would be great add-on I believe.

• citron-truc Profile Picture
    citron-truc on at

You summed up nicely. 😁
    I hope a guy from Microsoft walks by and gives us more info.

• Viswav Profile Picture
    Viswav on at

Hi, Thanks for your help. 

Does that mean, re-indexing can be fast but we've not got information on the status of it? 

• citron-truc Profile Picture
    citron-truc on at

Good morning,

I hope you are doing well. Copilot is kinda a big machinery when it comes to indexing (it is supposed to be personalized + sharepoints can be quite big + access control of user) so I don't think microsoft will let us do modifications any time soon unfortunately.

Good news is : I think it uses a graph structure to link documents with one another (like a browser search https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii3l13nx9n4) so adding a new document is very fast. I have done a few tests and asked questions about the documents ("using document [name_document tell me ...]. The update of the index was quick.

Have a great day, hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…