Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Interruptions in PVA
General
Unanswered

Interruptions in PVA

Posted on by 11

How can I interrupt the current topic? Like lets say, I have a Order Status topic, I am currently in the dialog, where I am asked to enter my order id, how can I type cancel and cancel the entire flow? Currently I can have a branch condition to check explicitly for cancel, but is there any way, I can use it without explicitly adding in the execution flow every time I listen for user input? Like a global interrupt listener, which can cancel the current execution if cancel/stop/quit is encountered.

Categories:
  • Adityarr Profile Picture
    Adityarr 11 on at
    Re: Interruptions in PVA

Yes this partly solves the problem, but the issue is everywhere we need to add this, (eg. showing adaptive cards, asking for an attachment, etc.).

So if there was some kind of middleware, which was invoked before actually doing the recognition and hitting the relevant topic, it would be helpful, we could use that for a lot of other things too. 

• Re: Interruptions in PVA

I've had the same problem for a while now but I have come up with a solution. 

The point a conversation with a chatbot in which someone is most likely to ask about something else is when the chatbot pauses talking, i.e., when a question is asked. 

In the question box you can add an "all other conditions" option. If you then use this option to redirect to the in built "start-over" topic then if someone types anything else in as a response to the question then it'll redirect them to the relevant information. 

Hope that makes sense 🙂

• Pstork1 Profile Picture
    Pstork1 1,954 on at

Unfortunately, there's nothing right now that can be defined globally to apply to all question actions.  As @renatoromao mentioned there is the Start over topic that can be modified.  But that's only when you are in a place where it can navigate to a new topic.

Adityarr 11 on at

@Pstork1 thanks for the help. Yes, I agree we can have a check based on what user enters. But we have to be careful, whenever we are having user input, this needs to be explicitly checked, I was looking for a common solution, which would apply to any user input, without having to explicitly check. 

• Pstork1 Profile Picture
    Pstork1 1,954 on at

When the bot has been triggered and is asking a question the only way to cancel would be to build an option to cancel into the question.  Of course, if the user responds in a way that can't be interpreted in terms of the question it will go to the system fallback topic after re-asking the question three times.  That would be another option.

Adityarr 11 on at

Hi @renatoromao , thanks for the help. But entering "start over" doesn't work when I am already inside the flow like if the bot is expecting some input from the user, it treats "start over" as the input.

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Hi @Adityarr ,

You can type "start over" whenever you want to restart the conversation.

Hope that this tip helps you with it.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637