Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / General / Login Button not worki...
General
Answered

Login Button not working in MS Teams

Posted on by

I am able to configure user authentication and retrieve user's information via flow using graph APIs.

Solution works fine if I use the bot in a browser. I click on login and i get logged in.

However if the bot is called using MS team, the Login button does nothing.

it is simply stuck at following windows. Nothing happens when I click Login

PVAerror1.PNG

I referred to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/publication-add-bot-to-microsoft-teams

and added token.botframework.com under the Valid domains section but still not help.

Any suggestions ?

Categories:
  • jpiabrantes Profile Picture
    jpiabrantes 23 on at
    Re: Login Button not working in MS Teams

"when the user receives and click on the button inside the MS Teams"

The problem is that the button inside MS Teams does not show up, so the user can't click it.

• jpiabrantes Profile Picture
    jpiabrantes 23 on at

@IgorCurl did you find a solution?

I will make another post about this because I am using CoPilot Studio (not PVA) but experiencing the same problem.

• IgorCurl Profile Picture
    IgorCurl 4 on at

Hi,

I still have this issue. When Teams Channel is enabled, and authentication is SSO, and we use Sharepoint website the issue occurs. If SharePoint is not used, user is not asked to authenticate. Issue is that Login button does not appear in Teams chat. Same result if we import the app as .zip or install it from the app store.

IgorCurl_0-1703148032466.png

• Verified answer
    pankajrai Profile Picture
    pankajrai on at

I think we can consider this as resolved as PVA now as more Teams integration and Login happens automatically.

• Mitbro Profile Picture
    Mitbro 10 on at

I am also having this issue... The prompt to authenticate appears in teams but the login button is missing, therefore, the user is unable to proceed further. It is as if the adaptive card for login isn't working in teams (it works fine in the test web bot in PVA.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Hi @pankajrai ,

In the right way, when you use the Authentication action you can configure the next steps after this action inside the topic, and when the user receives and click on the button inside the MS Teams, automatically will continue the way if logged successfully.

• pankajrai Profile Picture
    pankajrai on at

Thanks for response @renatoromao  

but how should we get it working... ?

If the login button isnt working, how can we ask bot to procced further ? like calling a flow to get use details or use the authtoken for something else

• renatoromao Profile Picture
    renatoromao 6,459 on at

Hi @pankajrai ,

You can see this part of the documentation inside the Authentication post:

"Once the user enters their username and password in the prompt (hosted by the identity provider), they might be prompted to enter a validation code, depending on the channel. Some channels, such as Microsoft Teams, do not require the user to enter a validation code."

Basically, when you click on the button, you chatbot recognize the authentication automatically.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/advanced-end-user-authentication

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637