cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbigailR

Power Automate and SAP - Power A doesn't recognize a SAP button help!!

Hello!

Does anyone know why Power Automate is not recognizing this SAP button? I'm trying to add a new UI element, but Power Automate is selecting the wrong button. Let me show you a picture:

AbigailR_0-1674666359172.png

I want the button that is enclosed by blue to be the new UI element, but the Power Automate selector is choosing the wrong button. I can't continue my automatization if I don't fix this 😞 

Please help!!

4 REPLIES 4
Highboy
Super User
Super User

I have seen this problem in different situations.
One could be as simple as a restart of PAD.
I have also seen it, if the display scaling is set to anything else but 100%

Ezhilvannan_V
Advocate III
Advocate III

@AbigailR if you are using vm please restart the vm, Mostly because vm slowness, Please restart.

momlo
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @AbigailR 

When it comes to SAP, I recommend that, if your security /SAP Basis allows - use built-in SAP automation (recorder) - it produces VB code that you can then call from PAD action.

afaik this is the most reliable way to automate SAP

Indeed, I second this approach as this helps in many cases where the elements shift around based on the form changing due to upstream processes or dynamic values in the selectors.  

Create an SAP desktop flow by using Power Automate Desktop - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Build a custom selector - Power Automate | Microsoft Learn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,897)