cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickchobotar
Regular Visitor

Cannot connect to onprem SQL server 2016

Hello,

I am not able to connect to my SQL server on prem. I am using enterprise gateway which seems to be fine (I have no issues with the gateway which i also use to refresh and query data through Power BI and it works without any issues).

My TCP port on is showing to be 1433.

More details on the error message below. Any ideas how to fix this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

OUTPUTS

• Headers

{ "Pragma": "no-cache", "x-ms-request-id": "9b66acb3-d2f6-4a49-af7c-721ce2467f30", "Cache-Control": "no-cache", "Date": "Wed, 11 Jan 2017 14:48:31 GMT", "Server": "Microsoft-IIS/8.0,Microsoft-HTTPAPI/2.0", "X-AspNet-Version": "4.0.30319", "X-Powered-By": "ASP.NET", "Content-Length": "769", "Content-Type": "application/json; charset=utf-8", "Expires": "-1" }

• Body

{ "status": 400, "message": "A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)\r\n inner exception: Microsoft SQL: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)", "source": "127.0.0.1" }

3 REPLIES 3
AVO

Hi,

I'm new so perhaps this is a oversimplistic suggestion - but have you checked that every item on the Microsoft Flow Prerequisites for Gateways is in place? 

Thank you for your comment, AVO. We did go over that and based upon the error we are getting back I think the problem is not with the gateway. Gateway works fine with Power BI. All our connections we established from Power BI to our onprem SQL server work without any glitches. Since, the gateway is the same for Power BI and Flow the problem must be with something else….

Anyone else out there that has problems connecting to onprem SQL server?

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Nick,

Make sure that you have gone throught his article carefully:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/connect-to-your-on-premises-data-sources-using-on-premise...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,578)